Friday 3 May 2013

The journey is just as important


I am born,
Without knowledge, without limitations,
Innocent to the ways of the world.



I grow up sheltered to the cruelties of life,
Safe in a loving home,
Worrying about things that seemed real to my life at the time.

I left home, confident that the world was a wonderful place
Full of hope of the wonderful life ahead,
As I had planned my life to be, with a preset destination in my head.

My journey had just began when I left home,
Facing the world without my parents holding my hand,
Success and failure becoming part of my life.

Happiness and joy in finding love,
Sadness and pain in losing love,
And finding that Love comes again in life.

Learning the truth about people and how they function,
How others behave to make sure they are fine.
Watching helplessly as things fall apart,
Only to grow stronger when standing up and carrying on.

Some scars remain more than others,
Perspectives on life change with each event,
Gaining courage to accept the things that are beyond my control,
And changing the things that are in my control and don't serve me anymore,
Each day bringing with it lessons or not.

Acceptance that however much I may resist change,
Change is the only constant in my life.

I look forward and see that my destination is still the same,
I acknowledge that I have travelled different roads,
Sometimes going off the path,
And then coming back to my path.

And I finally realise that the journey is as important as the destination,
Because the journey defines and makes me the person I am today.

Have a blessed day
In Love and Light

No comments:

Post a Comment