Friday 23 August 2013

Love, gratitude and positive thinking


Most of us look at things that we long for, wait for events to happen to make us happy.  We are always waiting for something to happen or to get something which we feel will make us happy and bring meaning to our life.  How much further from the truth could we be.

As we wait for things to get better, that is the intention we set - waiting for things to get better - and that is the only reality we will experience.  We will only experience what we choose to and if we choose to wait for things to happen then that is the only experience we will have.



There are so many beings who preach living in the present moment and we think, the present moment is not nice because it is filled with uncertainties and unhappiness.  But have we ever really thought that it is in fact us who is attracting the unhappiness and uncertainties because that is the only thing we think of?  It is a difficult thing to grasp because yes the current reality may be that we are overwhelmed by all that is happening to us and around us, and yes all the issues need to be resolved to take us away from it.

I feel that the first step is to undergo a paradigm shift to change our thoughts from that which we don't have to that which we have and are thankful, grateful and appreciative of.  Look around, there is so much to be grateful for, just the fact that you have shelter, food, clothing and are able to access a computer is so much more than a lot of other beings have. I am so grateful each day for being alive, in good health, and for everything I have, family and friends who love me, everything little thing.

The things that I am grateful for, make it easier for me to deal with the things that are not comfortable or unpleasant in my life.  It helps me deal with the issues better, rather than have unpleasant emotions about everything, I have positive and pleasant emotions when I have gratitude for everything in my life.

It may seem strange, but the only way to deal with the chaos in our life is to fill it with Love, gratitude and the belief that everything is sorted out.  Oh it's not at all easy, trying to change our thoughts is I think one of the toughest things to do because our mind actually revels in all the negative thinking. But nothing is impossible and consciously we can change our thoughts - every time you catch yourself thinking negative thoughts, switch to positive ones immediately.  It will take some time, but it does work.  I can see the change in myself, I used to wallow in negative thoughts and work myself into a state of unhappiness, but now I am very conscious; when I catch myself thinking negatively, I immediately tell myself to snap out of it and think of the happy things in my life, things that I am grateful for and I feel the change right away.

Nothing is impossible, we are all capable of changing ourselves, the only thing we have to do is acknowledge and choose that this is what we want to do.  And stay with it, there may be times that you will go down in a spiral with negativity, that is fine, but then consciously lift yourself back up with positive thoughts, and believe that things will get better.

Have a blessed day
In Love and Light

1 comment: