Friday 7 February 2014

Stop collecting baggage


Looking back at my life...

In my teens...
I looked at the world with innocence,
People were good, everyone could be trusted,
There could be no wrong in the world.
Energy wise, no negative energies had latched on.



In my twenties...
The first incidents in life where I experienced hurt and pain,
Experiences which brought out the good and bad in people
Making me realise that not everyone can be trusted.
Started collecting baggage from my experiences - holding on to the negative energies and associations from my experiences.

In my thirties...
More of life experiences, both good and bad
Taking these experiences in my stride and carrying on with confidence that life is all good.
Not focusing on the negatives and pain experienced, because that can't lead anywhere and can't be good.
But not realising that I was holding on to all the trauma and not letting go - collecting more baggage through the years.

In my forties...
Life kept moving on at it's own pace.
Happiness, sadness, life events going by.
And collecting more baggage...

What I realise today is that we can't keep going on collecting baggage from our experiences, there will come a time when we reach saturation point when we either start sinking with the weight or if we are conscious we start getting rid of the baggage making ourselves lighter.  I realised that as the years went by and I felt myself getting heavier, I just put it down to the experiences that I had, making me the person I am today, which also meant that I had to carry my emotional baggage with me.

I came to a point in my life where I had to start shedding, and for me it literally meant having to lose everything I had ever built up and collected my entire adult life.  Today at nearly 50, I find myself having to re-establish my life from scratch, starting all over again in more ways than one. At first the pain and loss was too much, but through time I have come to accept that it is a good thing, I needed to shed all the excess baggage that I had collected over the years, because it was pulling me down.  I had to undergo the pain because otherwise I would not have shifted out into the positive.

I understand that to receive the positive that the universe is waiting to give, I have to shed the negative and pull down all those barriers that I put up to keep more negative out.  I was not allowing any energy in (positive or negative) by keeping myself shut.  And by starting the process of shedding all my baggage, I feel lighter and looking at the world in a more positive light, able to see the good where I could not, able to forgive where it was not possible before, able to accept things the way they are.

I like where I am right now, I don't know where I am going or how everything is going to work out, but I am not panicking anymore when I think if this.  I am able to look ahead with love and excitement as to where my life is going.... Just like I did in my teens.

I am blessed that I have a second chance, and I step forward confidently with all the knowledge of my life experiences minus the emotional baggage from the past.

In Love and Light 

2 comments:

  1. A very touching and amazing post. When we drop the emotional baggage, the real person in us emerge who is free from the bondage of negative experiences, able to 'look ahead with love and excitement', that's the way we should be, almost like a rebirth. In the space we create after the baggage has been cleared is ready to receive all the beautiful positive gifts in all forms the universe is ready to give us. For every loss and sorrow, there would be miraculous gains and joy. May His miracles bless your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be difficult, but it is only through loss and sorrow that we are actually able to let go of a lot of things and allow the universe to bring us new and better experiences.

    ReplyDelete