Monday 12 December 2016

Rite of passage


It's been such a long time since my last blog post. A lot undergone and experienced in the many months that have passed.

I have realised that the path we choose to walk in our lifetime has to be undergone and experienced for what it is - something that we chose to do. We can be unhappy, rave and rant at what we perceive is unfair in our life; live in denial; resist that which we have to learn and accept; resist change; anything and everything to cling on to what we think and feel our life should be. That is a choice we make. And remember, we also have the power to make a different choice.

We are given all the tools we need to overcome our pre conceived ideas, false belief patterns and it is our choice whether we actually accept the challenge and make the necessary course changes that will bring us back to our chosen path.

Realisation is one thing, but taking the steps to change what is wrong in our life is the most difficult step. Fear holds us back; I don't understand what the fear is, maybe its the ego stopping us from reuniting to our true self in the misguided thought that the ego will lose. When I try to examine what the fear is, there is really no basis to it, nothing tangible that I can pinpoint. And I have ask myself "So then what is there to fear?".

I carried on in the belief that I am in the right and that I am acting out of integrity and love and others are to blame, when I got the biggest blow - the truth hitting me in the face. I have been the negative energy that I so despised - and with that has come the true understanding of the phrase "our outer world reflects our inner self".

I could not understand why my life was the way it was, now I see that I have been the one spreading the negativity with my self pity, unkind words, anger.  I have unconsciously and to some extent consciously (I cannot claim to be ignorant) hurled a lot of negativity at others who have not been able to defend themselves. I can only hope for forgiveness from The Divine and the souls of those I have hurt.

I thank The Divine for bringing this realisation to me, I can stop the behaviour in its track from this moment on.  This is the first and conscious step towards self healing. This is the first step taken to change myself and go back to my chosen path for in that path lies fulfilling my life purpose.

My life purpose involves being of service to The Divine and how can I do that if I am not in tune with the Divine. I am grateful to all the people who have come into my life either to be a blessing or to teach me something that I had to learn. All experiences, whether we deem them good or bad are here to teach us. And the thing to remember is that all we need to do is take the understanding and the lesson from each experience; we do not have to hold on to any of the negative emotions or feelings from a bad experience.

To all those out there who are going through difficult and challenging times - you are not alone, there is light at the end of the tunnel, God is within and without. Nothing is permanent, you have the power to make a change. You have a choice.

God Bless you all,
In Love and Light

No comments:

Post a Comment