Tuesday 14 April 2015

Do miracles really happen ?



What are miracles ? Do they really happen ? Why don't miracles happen in my life ?



These are questions I am sure most of us must have asked at some point in our life.

The meaning of the word miracle as in the dictionary is "any amazing or wonderful occurrence" and "a marvellous event manifesting a supernatural act of a divine agent".

So a miracle is really something amazing that happens to us, whatever it may be.  I remember a few years ago at work, it was the end of the month and I was literally down to the last of my money, waiting for pay day which was soon.  I was at work with only a few minutes before I closed the office for the day when a client came in and I had to attend to the person.  This meant that I would miss my transport back home, meaning that I would have to take a taxi to get home and I really did not have the money to pay for one.  I did what had to be done - asked the transport to leave without me and attended to the client who had walked in.  My thoughts did go to how I was going to get home; walking seemed to be the only option as I could not afford any other means of transport.  And then the miracle occurred - just as the client left and I was closing up the office, my cousin called me and told me that she and her husband had come to pick me up, they were waiting outside for me.  To them it was a decision made at the spur of the moment to pick me up since they were close by.  To me, it was a miracle that happened; the Divine intervened by sending them to pick me up, saving me a long walk on roads not meant for pedestrians.

I do believe in miracles.  I think believing in miracles actually make them happen.  It is so easy for us to despair and in that time allow the negativity to engulf us, not letting anything positive come in and lift us up.  Faith and hope are what keeps us going - believing that it is possible for a miracle to happen.  But sometimes, we are so focused on waiting for that miracle to happen that we miss it when it actually does happen.

Miracles don't have to be life changing events that we wait for, like winning the jackpot that will take care of all our financial worries, or that fairy tale moment when you meet your soul mate like we've seen in the movies.  It can be seemingly small events, like someone lending a helping hand when you least expected it or even a smile from a stranger that lifted your spirits when you were low.  I look back on my life and can see an abundance of miracles for which I am very grateful.

Accept that miracles happen all the time, acknowledge the miracles that happen and we will keep experiencing more miracles in our life.  Our life is a wonderful opportunity to experience all the beauty within and around us and that to me is a wonderful miracle to experience.

All we experience when we are waiting for something to happen is exactly that - waiting.  Instead, by acknowledging all the small miracles of life around us all the time, we start experiencing more and more miracles.  So stop waiting and start experiencing all the miracles that are always in your life.

In Love and Light



No comments:

Post a Comment