Wednesday 29 August 2012

Challenges and obstacles

image: www.freeimages.co.uk

What would life be like without challenges and obstacles?

Would we really be happy and content if there were no challenges in life to make us value and appreciate what we have?  A question with no right or wrong answer I guess – it all depends on the individual perspective of the person answering the question.


Is there any one person who can confidently say that his / her life has been perfect with no challenges or obstacles?  And if there is someone with that experience, are you truly happy that you have not had any challenges and do you appreciate life in its entirety.   If it’s yes, I am happy for you and will believe that you have found the balance in your life that fulfils it.

As for me and I think I am representative of a lot of people, life has put forward many challenges and obstacles.  Every time I’ve gone through a difficulty I always came out of it on the other side feeling relief that the problem was over and I was happy again.  There are some incidents that changed my perspective so it was not a matter of just getting through the incident and back to where I was.  Each and every experience I’ve had, whether good or bad, has given me a different perspective and understanding of life. 

But there are some experiences that go on for a long time, and this is when I start to question why we have to suffer to learn something about life.  Another word for suffering is undergoing, which, I think is a much better word; it does not have the same negative connotation that the word suffering has.

So when we undergo something, it is with the main reason to help us along our path in life and bring us to the awareness and knowledge that we need at that point in our life.  The emotions that we feel are very real and in those moments it may seem that all is over and there is no reason to carry on.  I can only say that at these times, we have to somehow find the strength to keep going and that eventually we will get over all that troubles us. 

Just think of life as a roller coaster, there are so many ups and downs, climbing to great heights, then falling even faster than it took to get to that height, and so on it goes slowly or at great speed, till we get to the end when we are relieved and happy that we are on solid ground.

In Love and LIght

1 comment: