Monday 27 August 2012

With-in and With-out



With-in me is love, truth, joy, happiness, oneness with All That is.  If we look within ourselves, we all feel the peace, love and calm when we take away all the external happenings.  I am sure that no one can deny this.  Having a cup of coffee or tea in the morning by yourself before the start of the day, or last thing when you get into bed and you have your thoughts all to yourself when you somehow know that all will be fine.


With-out is supposed to be a reflection of what we are with-in.  But reality is that for a lot of us what we face with-out is turmoil, difficulty, uncertainty and so on.  So the statement that our external is a reflection of what we are within somehow seems to be out of sync.  I have been trying to figure out why this could be or whether there is truth in this statement or not.

It has been a difficult search; it’s not a matter of asking the question and getting a yes or no answer.   I kept telling myself that everything is good and I do not have problems, and thought that this would make it all better, but while that has given me strength, it has not taken away all the issues.  I have been reading so many books on connecting with yourself and how to be in tune to change your life and so on.  A lot of what I read rings true to me and I know that when I started living more consciously I could see through a lot of the things that were happening to me and my perspective on my journey through life has changed tremendously and yes I am getting more clarity as I keep going.

I am reading Ekhart Tolle’s A New Earth, and he talks about the ego and how we need to understand and acknowledge our ego first and once we do that we can start the journey to separating our ego and ego related issues to finding our true self and move towards enlightenment. 

I would like to share insights from the book as I see it and hope that I will be able to discuss with it with any of you who may be interested to get into a discussion.

Hope to hear from you.
In Love and Light

No comments:

Post a Comment