Friday 19 April 2013

Be still, silent


Our mind is always active, we are always thinking; thoughts going up and down, left and right, buzzing away, never a dull moment for our mind!


I used to think that this was good, I was happy that my mind was active (!!) and alert with all the thoughts I constantly have.  Surely this means that I am connected to my inner consciousness and that I am listening to my inner voice.  I realise today that I could not have been further from the truth.

I realised that my mind being overactive was actually not a good thing and that my overactive mind was actually blocking out my inner voice, my soul.  What normally happens is that we have a thought and then more often than not, our mind takes this thought and runs with it, creating fantasy scenarios in our mind of how things turn out - for good or bad - depending on our mental state at the time.  And there are feelings and emotions attached with these thoughts as well - we feel elated when we are thinking happy thoughts and scenarios or end up making ourselves miserable with our thoughts.  It is all very real and this is why it is very important to control your thoughts because if you work at making yourself miserable, then that is what is reflected in your outer world as well.

The only way to stop our minds working overtime is to still it by meditation - easier said than done.  I think our mind is meditation's biggest enemy.  This is certainly true for me.  I find it very difficult to sit and meditate, it is something I have to work at and sometimes I think I lose out from the meditation because I am focusing more on stilling my mind rather than being still.  I don't think we can ever still our minds completely, but if we can achieve periods of silence than that is a good thing at the start, and it only gets better as we progress.

When we meditate and achieve stillness and silence, we are opening the door to our soul and allowing ourselves to reconnect with the inner essence of who we truly are.  And this is the key to our awakening and awareness of life.

It may be hard to start with, but as with anything we undertake in life, we have to work at it till it becomes second nature and a daily practice.  So let's not allow our mind to sabotage us from reconnecting with our soul for the mind loses its power over us when this happens. And by reconnecting with our soul, our reality shifts, we open up to receiving messages, guidance, solutions to issues, new perceptions and we will be able to find the peace, truth and Love that is our essence.

Have a blessed day
In Love and Light

No comments:

Post a Comment