Thursday 4 April 2013

It's what you choose


As we go through life we get so many circumstances thrown at us and sometimes we feel so overwhelmed that we are ready to give up and let the situation control us and get the better of us.  This always seems the easier way out, just giving up because it becomes difficult.



Why is it that we have to endure suffering to come out stronger and a better person? I think it is because  this is the only way we can stretch ourselves to find our true self.  I look back at my life and see how easy it was for a long time, but I can now see that during this time I was living unconsciously, not at all connected with my inner being, my Soul.  And why did I need to connect with my Soul, everything seemed fine in my outer world.

It is only when I was forced to change my thinking and attitude to life because of circumstances that I actually began to grow spiritually and reconnect with my Soul.  The situations and circumstances don't matter, it is the growth and the learning that it brings that is important.  Often we miss out on the learning because we are so caught up with the situation and allow it to control us that we can't see beyond it all.

The truth is that we attract to us what we feel and think, if we are always worrying or letting situations or circumstances control how we feel, then we keep attracting more of the same kind of situations into our life.  It is not easy to just step into a new way of thinking and behaving, more often than not we tend to slip back into the old patterns of thinking.

I am still learning this, there are times when I find myself thinking of negatives and worst case scenarios.  The difference now is that I realise this negative spiral quicker than before and I can change my thoughts to positive ones.  It's all about being in control of our thoughts and how we feel that determines what we attract to us.  If we continually let the circumstance get the better of us and can't see beyond it and learn from it, we will keep attracting the same till we acknowledge, learn from it and release what we don't need anymore.

Today, I acknowledge my thoughts and will strive to always keep my thoughts positive and attract the situations and circumstances that bring to me the experience of the positive thoughts.

The choice is always with us - the circumstance is only 10%, 90% is how I react and deal with it.

Have a blessed day
In Love and Light 

No comments:

Post a Comment