Tuesday 16 April 2013

Expectations


We all have expectations in life - whatever it may be, from people, from situations - it is a part of our daily life.  We already have a preconceived notion or expectation when we do something of how it should work out, or how or what a person should do in return.



It can be very difficult to do without expecting something in return.   However much we may like to believe that we are above this, the reality is that we always expect something in return in whatever we do.

If we work from the principle that we do not expect anything in life from anything we do, it then becomes very easy to live without getting upset when things don't work out the way we planned it.

But, certainly easier said than done, I think expectation is wired into our brain and we need to consciously work at managing our expectations from life.  I think one way is to accept everything that happens as just that; something that happened, an experience that we underwent, took from, learnt the lesson and then released.  That way we can manage our expectations and let go of things that we don't need to hold on to.

I have to be conscious of this all the time and catch myself when my mind starts going off into a tangent when an expectation does not happen.  I find that by being alert all the time, I can change the way I feel about everyday situations and in time come back to the centre of peace within.  It's not easy going all the time and sometimes it is harder than at other times, but the end result is always that I can centre in my peace within and get back to a positive attitude.

It's all about how I feel right now and I choose to feel positive and not let the negativity get the better of me.

I hope this makes some sense to you.

Have a blessed day
In Love and Light

No comments:

Post a Comment